Macbook Buyer first time

gamer_noob

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Hi Guys

I've been a fan of Macbook since my college days when i first saw it in my professor's desk. Since i'm a gaming guy and most games arn't made for macs.. i've help up that option untill now where i have a desktop especially for gaming and need a macbook for watching movies n all and in case i goto my relative's place, i wont be alone... Im not a fan of air as i've heard its gets hot at long run and since it does have have any dvd drive it is a bit embarassing.

Since i wont be doing any heavy work on my macs except watching 1080p movies at max and basic computer works like skype, browsing , streaming media... which macbook pro for me would be best. I've time till thanksgiving as ill get some sale also and in case any new model gets launched. Also which i5 would be more value for money (2nd or 3rd gen)

Will appreciate a quick response

Solution
Either this: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD101LL/A? or this: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD103LL/A? will be the best for you. the 3rd generation i5 is the best value for money. also, great choice. macs are really great computers(except for gaming(although, you can play windows games on it if you install windows on the side on it.))

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Either this: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD101LL/A? or this: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD103LL/A? will be the best for you. the 3rd generation i5 is the best value for money. also, great choice. macs are really great computers(except for gaming(although, you can play windows games on it if you install windows on the side on it.))

Solution

gamer_noob

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

yeah i know but i've had a regular laptop from 2005 untill it went dead in 2011. Also i just want to remove that headache of formatting windows again n again in case of slow speed and the dream of buying mac can be fulfilled now. Windows is good for gaming and all but for personal stuff and style option i would prefer mac only

Thanks for advice anyway

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

Remember to chose best answer

gamer_noob

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

I know dude but i've always dreamt of having a mac since 2008. Also since im an extremely careless guy.. tablet sure arnt my cup of tea bcoz of scrach problems as well as i HATE touchscreen options. I love my BB instead of buying a samsung crap or iphone for that matter since i use phn only for few apps and calls. Hope u guet my drift

gamer_noob

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

thanks for the link ryan

everybody is advising me on buying a regular laptop which i've used for 6 years and need to try a mac now for better use as well as no hassle of windows problems. Also macs make a style statement :p

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

I agree. while a normal laptop will work. it will not have the level of elegance and ease of use as a mac. Its really annoying when people try to convince you to do something else rather than just answering the original question.

gamer_noob

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
exactly... if i had to buy a regular laptop there was no need to putting up a forum :p... would have just settled for a sony or a lenovo.

btw for macbooks only pro and air are available?.. not other options?

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

yep. they discontinued the bottom line macbook a few years back. please remember to choose best answer.

gamer_noob

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Hmm... Also i need to know how much sale would i b able to get at thanksgiving time... currently im getting my type config at $1299 and would be nice if get an idea on lesser price?

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

It depends on where you look what specials you can get. I think you should really consider a MacBook Air. Every single person I know who has owned it, has loved it. Sure it does not have a Disk drive, but you can buy an external drive for pretty cheap. Also, about the heat issues, no one I know has ever had this problem and it is probably just trolls making rumours. You can pick one up for $999.

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

You don't understand do you? He wants a Mac. He likes Macs. He does not want another ordinary boring laptop. Have you ever even owned a Mac yourself?

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

Unless you have owned one yourself, or used one all your life, you can not grasp their elegance and ease of use. And they are overpriced because Apple is a perfectionist. Take a MacBook Air or Pro and compare its design and build quality to any other notebook. The MacBook will win by a landslide. It doesn't really matter what you think anyway, it is his decision and this is what he chose. Learn to respect that. He didn't ask whether he should buy a Mac. He asked which he should buy.

gamer_noob

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Whoa!!! I didn't check the forum for 1 day and look what happened :p...
@ryan it is funny how ppl divert from the original post and start giving their own advices... yeah ill look into mac air surely

@aatje92 no offence dude but as ryan said i just needed an advice on which mac and not whether mac or regular... also regarding cheap buy, i personally think one should enquire every prospect of a product which would be worth $1000