MacBook Pro 13" For College

aznwilsonchen

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
I start University next week and had been eyeing on a MacBook Pro 13" 2017 version. I do not know anything about Macs so I was looking to see what is best for me. I'm not any video editing freak, but will sometimes edit some videos for my own personal interest. The base models are kind of pricey so I'm thinking between 128GB and 256GB... Not sure if the touchpad thingy is worth the extra few hundred dollars.
What are your recommendations?

Also beats come with the MBP as of right now :)

Thx

Solution
Imo PCs are better, but i'm going to pretend that you don't want a PC.

The touchpad thing isn't worth it, it has loads of bugs and it's much better to be without it. Since you are only going to be using it for school, you might only need 128gb. After all, you really only store programs on an ssd.

bernard.coulombe

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
Same thing I bought for my daughter: 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD are minimum. Built-in touchpad is very good. Magic mouse 2 is definitely a love-hate (mostly) relation (size/ lightning cable plug in the sole without being able to use it while charging,...) for many users (try it before you buy). Do not ever forget to buy a Thunderbolt 3 multi-adapter (such as Minix NEO C-X multiport adapter) before you buy a handfull of expensive apple adapters

KittyFish62

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Imo PCs are better, but i'm going to pretend that you don't want a PC.

The touchpad thing isn't worth it, it has loads of bugs and it's much better to be without it. Since you are only going to be using it for school, you might only need 128gb. After all, you really only store programs on an ssd.

Solution