Macbook Pro keyboard and track pad not working

Akalanka Umayanga

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
I have a macbook pro 13inch late 2015. it was working perfectly in till recently, when i boot it up the keyboard and the track pad will not work. i dont know what happened. i tried updating the os but it did not help. eventually some times it works but most of the time it wont. need help fixing this issue.

Thank you,

Solution
got the same problem since monday... it's really annoying, PRAM reset works but only for mins up to an hour... IMHO this is not an hardware problem this is a bug they introduced somehow! Some other posts showed up with similiar problems...
Apr 11, 2018
got the same problem since monday... it's really annoying, PRAM reset works but only for mins up to an hour... IMHO this is not an hardware problem this is a bug they introduced somehow! Some other posts showed up with similiar problems...

Solution

Akalanka Umayanga

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015

is there any way that i can fix this issue. will re-installing mac os will help

duke149

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Another 13" 2015 MacBook Pro here with a keyboard which has stopped working.
I have been able to get it working with SMC reset, PRAM reset and reseating the keyboard connector. The issue is that it is all random, there is nothing consistent about it. I think all the things that "got it working" were a coincidence.
At the moment I am having to use an external keyboard as none of the previous fixes are working.

Aug 14, 2018
Aaaand I'm another 13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina with a keyboard and trackpad that doesn't work.

The SMC reset worked a few times, but now it doesn't work at all. PRAM never worked for me. I've even tried restoring my Mac, which caused me to download several OS versions, none in which worked. The weird thing is that I can put my Mac to sleep via shift + option + command on my internal keyboard, but I can't boot in Safe Mode via shift + power. It's like my keyboard has selective-functioning.

I've seen someone suggest putting the MacBook in an air-tight plastic bag/wrap, and leaving it in the fridge for two hours. I haven't tried that yet, but it seems to be the only thing that's working, if we are all getting this for the same reasons and if it isn't the keyboard connector like the person above me said.

Sep 9, 2018
I also have a macbook pro 13 inch 2015. When I started it, it asked me to connect to a trackpad. Both the keyboard and trackpad stopped working. After connecting it with a wired mouse it worked again and I could boot in safe mode. Everything was fine. After 3 days it stopped working again..

Sep 19, 2018
Same problem here. Went to an Apple Official/Certified Repair Centre as we don't have an official Apple Store around here and they told me that it was probably something with the trackpad, meaning that it would cost about 600 euros.

Freaking insane for a MacBook (2015) which is not even 2 years old. Anyway I'll leave it for repair soon.

Sep 21, 2018
I have the same problem since yesterday with my 13'' macbook pro early 2015.... However, when I lightly hit the top part of the computer with the lid open, the keyboard and the trackpad work again.