xGaladon

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016
Hello!
I am looking for a laptop to act like a MacBook Pro, yet can play games.
Order of Imortance:
1-Battery and school tasks (Is 8-12 hours reasonable?)
2-Semi-gaming (Minecraft, TF2, some other Steam games)
3-Portability and fashionability (Professional looking, not too heavy)

A MacBook Pro 13 is my choice right now, but I've heard it can't game.
I don't care how long the battery lasts while gaming, I just need a lot it for school
Dell XPS 15? Yes/No

Thanks for all your help!

xGaladon

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016

A MacBook Pro is professional looking, has long battery, and is very good for school and work. It's just I also want to play games.
Thanks for the help!

xGaladon

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016

Thanks for the suggestions! These laptops have potential, but from what I'm seeing, low battery life. Do you have anything more specific? (I would prefer battery over performance)

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

Wel,part of the reado the MBP has longer batterty life is because it's not a great gaming machine. Battery life is very goes hand in hand to how much poer is needed. Machine with less powerfull components will have longer battery life. The batteries themselves aren't a lot different. It's like comparing a Prius to a Camaro.

bliq

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
If you're not gaming, those machines will probably last a while. 8-12 real hours is realistically not possible. My MBP goes about 4-5.5 hours real world but it's an i7 15". And I've got wifi, bluetooth, screen is on and the CPU is busy since I'm working. 8 hours might be idle battery life.

another alternative I just saw today: Lenovo Y50 with 960M and i7 for $850 on lenovo's website. coupon code CLEARANCE4.