Macrium Reflect Clone Issue

cceller

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Here in the office we have several HP Stream 13s running Windows 10. I have created an image that I have used Macrium Reflect to clone these machines (several of them).

Ran into a weird issue today. Cloned. Rebooted the laptop and get a blue screen / inaccessible_boot_device message. I can boot the laptop perfectly fine in safe mode though.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why it will not boot normally?

Thanks,

Chad

Ralston18

Dignified
Did you clone or image?

A clone makes an exact copy (folders, files) of the disk drive that you would physically install in place of a failed hard drive.

An image is different (one big file) and requires a recovery disc or USB drive to boot and then copy the system image back to the hard drive.

Maybe the recovery disc/USB has a problem. Or some mixup has occured either during creation or recovery.

Ralston18

Dignified
Did you clone or image?

A clone makes an exact copy (folders, files) of the disk drive that you would physically install in place of a failed hard drive.

An image is different (one big file) and requires a recovery disc or USB drive to boot and then copy the system image back to the hard drive.

Maybe the recovery disc/USB has a problem. Or some mixup has occured either during creation or recovery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Apps General Discussion 2
P Apps General Discussion 4
D Apps General Discussion 2
M Apps General Discussion 1
W Apps General Discussion 6
W Apps General Discussion 6
Rafael Mestdag Apps General Discussion 2
P Apps General Discussion 5
T Apps General Discussion 9
D Apps General Discussion 7
W Apps General Discussion 2