Macrium Reflect Clone Issue

cceller

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Here in the office we have several HP Stream 13s running Windows 10. I have created an image that I have used Macrium Reflect to clone these machines (several of them).

Ran into a weird issue today. Cloned. Rebooted the laptop and get a blue screen / inaccessible_boot_device message. I can boot the laptop perfectly fine in safe mode though.

Any suggestions or ideas as to why it will not boot normally?

Thanks,

Chad

Solution
Did you clone or image?

A clone makes an exact copy (folders, files) of the disk drive that you would physically install in place of a failed hard drive.

An image is different (one big file) and requires a recovery disc or USB drive to boot and then copy the system image back to the hard drive.

Maybe the recovery disc/USB has a problem. Or some mixup has occured either during creation or recovery.

Did you clone or image?

A clone makes an exact copy (folders, files) of the disk drive that you would physically install in place of a failed hard drive.

An image is different (one big file) and requires a recovery disc or USB drive to boot and then copy the system image back to the hard drive.

Maybe the recovery disc/USB has a problem. Or some mixup has occured either during creation or recovery.

Solution