Mad Catz Bringing Mobile Gaming Controllers with GameSmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
would be nice, but will never happen, and i hope it never does.

i always want the option of a wired controller and if wireless gets standardized i never will get that option.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]would be nice, but will never happen, and i hope it never does. i always want the option of a wired controller and if wireless gets standardized i never will get that option.[/citation]
"would be nice but I hope it never happens!"

lol, that makes total sense.people must be stuck in some old time when wireless was slow. you wont be noticing a few milliseconds lag from modern controllers. a wired controller is definitely less laggy(if its any good), but whats a few milliseconds of less lag than a few milliseconds of lag? and this article is about mobile gaming controller standardization. meaning making controllers popular and useful. I really dont like the idea of playing some game on my phone or tablet connected to a wired controller.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
A simple bit of advise for anything related to madcatz products: Do NOT invest in them. The drivers are standard saitek (means very unreliable and bad) and their mechanical knowhow is unsatisfactory at best. Did I mention their customer support? I suppose not, as that is nonexistent.

Regards, the sad owner of a RAT9 (means using $10 corded logitech)

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Never been a fan of Mad Catz's stuff, really, but I'm all for anyone who can bring some standardization to mobile gaming peripherals. There really needs to be standard software support so that all those games I'd like to take on-the-go on my future tablet can be played with a proper controller, when needed.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
six axis app already lets you use a ps3 controller on an android device... i guess they are trying to make a controller that works without an app but a ps3 dual shock controller runs $40 and the app is $3 so i guess $43 is the price to beat mad catz... make it so

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]six axis app already lets you use a ps3 controller on an android device... i guess they are trying to make a controller that works without an app but a ps3 dual shock controller runs $40 and the app is $3 so i guess $43 is the price to beat mad catz... make it so[/citation]Yeah, but that's only on Android and only for the PS3 controller. And games that don't support gamepads have to use some emulated support where you map screen presses to the buttons. Far from ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.