Maintaining/cleaning an ASUS ROG STRIX GL502VM

JCDenton544

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
Hi, I've ordered an ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM (with the GTX1060), and I was curious of how often I should clean the fans/vents and what steps/precautions I should take when doing so in the future.

This is my first 'gaming' laptop so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Solution
can air cost money over time but you can regulate the psi output on an air compressor. is up to you which to use.

JCDenton544

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016

Never. But the Dell Inspiron 15 laptop I'm currently using has served me well for the past 4 years without any issue.

I was just under the impression that gaming laptops would need more diligent maintenance due to how hot they can get if dust builds up in the fans/vents over time.

JCDenton544

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016

Ok. Should I air-dust the vents, the fans, or both? I have never done this before and I just want to make sure I don't destroy the laptop when I try to clean them.

JCDenton544

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
Standard 1 year.

Will I void the warranty if I remove the base to clean them?

And should I stick with the air-duster, or would a vacuum be too hazardous to the laptop?

JCDenton544

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
So basically, I should wait at least a year before I actually start cleaning the laptop from the inside.

But, I should spray the vents with an air compressor every two months or so to prevent excessive dust build up until that point, right?