Make a computer automaticly boot and ready to be controlled from another computer

p3003

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
Hello !

As english is not my native language, i'll explain what i would like to have that way:

Computer 1 = Main Computer where i will control my other computers
Computer 2= Computer that can be controlled by Computer 1

When turning on Computer 2, it will automaticly set up the software to make Computer 1 controll him, so i don't need to use computer 2, so i can use it without screens, keyboard and mouse for example.

Exactly like a KVM server for those who knows what it is.

So basically i'm asking the Tom's Hardware community how can i do that !

All the computers runs Windows 10 64, local network, everything linked to 1gbps.

Solution
Hi, 2 options:
Using Remote Desktop from Windows:

In Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
turn on network discovery on both PCs

Then on computer 2:
- press CTRL+R on your keyboard and type in gpedit.msc -> Computer Configuration -> Windows settings -> Security settings -> Local policies -> security options -> change "Accounts: limit local account use of blank passwords to console only" to false. (this will allow you to control your Computer 2 using remote desktop without a password)

- Control Panel\System and Security\System
press on Remote Settings -> check "Allow remote assistance" if it's not already checked -> check "allow connections from computers running any version of...
Hi, 2 options:
Using Remote Desktop from Windows:

In Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
turn on network discovery on both PCs

Then on computer 2:
- press CTRL+R on your keyboard and type in gpedit.msc -> Computer Configuration -> Windows settings -> Security settings -> Local policies -> security options -> change "Accounts: limit local account use of blank passwords to console only" to false. (this will allow you to control your Computer 2 using remote desktop without a password)

- Control Panel\System and Security\System
press on Remote Settings -> check "Allow remote assistance" if it's not already checked -> check "allow connections from computers running any version of remote desktop"

then on your Computer 1, in "my computer", in Network, you right click on Computer 2 and choose remote control

using TeamViewer:

you download it on both PCs. Then you want to copy the user id from Computer 2, and make sure it will not change its password automatically, and include teamviewer on the AutoStart programs list so it would start after you turn your pc on. After that, when you will want to use your Computer 2, you have to introduce its user id on your Computer 1, and use the password.

For waking PC2, enable in BIOS wake on lan and use a tutorial available on net for how to send the magic packet.

Solution