Making gaming videos on Youtube.

mikee6888

Estimable
Sep 13, 2014
If I recreate a certain soundtrack or music -- like what GLEE is doing , and reviving music hits ( Don't Stop Believin' ) or maybe a friend could sing it for me, will that not get a copyright strike?

Solution

Are you sure? I heard it's kind of a legal limbo, if you want to make a cover, you have to get the rights for it, if you publish it. But I think as a privat person it is not that strict, I don't think GLEE will bring an action against you.

TelevisedAI

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
NO. It is called "cover" and covers will NOT get copyright strike because a cover is your property. Remember a "Karaoke cover" will get a copyright strike if the instrumental track is the original track produced by the copyright holder.

I hope that helps.

techliner09

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016

Are you sure? I heard it's kind of a legal limbo, if you want to make a cover, you have to get the rights for it, if you publish it. But I think as a privat person it is not that strict, I don't think GLEE will bring an action against you.

Solution

mikee6888

Estimable
Sep 13, 2014

Glad to know!
Dont stop believin in Glee music and more episodes!! and let's keep playing PC games!

qwrupae

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
Dont stop believin in Glee music and more episodes!! and let's keep playing PC games!
UvkF7p