Malwarebyte in Windows 10 - Web Protection starting but will not stay on

sugarpuff349

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
This is a new issue because Malwarebytes worked fine over the weekend. For some reason the Web Protection will not stay on. Everything else is on. It says it is starting and then turns off. How do you fix this?

Paula

Solution

Malwarebytes pushed out an update on the weekend that caused a massive memory leak. It was Saturday morning when I turned on my system and the MBMService.exe consumed all of the available memory causing the system to crash. Malwarebytes eventually pushed out another update a few hours later that fixed the problem.

One of the major symptoms was that the Web Protection option would not enable or stay enabled.

Check to see if your Malwarebytes is completely up to date.

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009

Malwarebytes pushed out an update on the weekend that caused a massive memory leak. It was Saturday morning when I turned on my system and the MBMService.exe consumed all of the available memory causing the system to crash. Malwarebytes eventually pushed out another update a few hours later that fixed the problem.

One of the major symptoms was that the Web Protection option would not enable or stay enabled.

Check to see if your Malwarebytes is completely up to date.

Solution

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
I just rebooted and stopped the MBMService.exe service and waited for Malwarebytes to release their patch update. Once they announced that they had a fix I re-enabled the MBMService.exe service, forced an update and restarted the OS.