Man Watches Burglars Raid Home via iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

samdsox

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Another Apple Product Saves The Day![/citation]

well the apple fanboys are going to be all over this. But i bet you could do the same with an android smartphone.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Now that we have this sort of technology, perhaps it can be made legal to "booby trap" homes now, so long as the trap is under intelligent control and is less-than lethal. Perhaps an iTaser or an iPepper-ball gun.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I read the topic title and pictured the homeowner hiding behind a closet door(the closet door with shutters-type) sticking his hand out through one of the slits of the shutters while holding his iphone to capture the act while cowering in fear. Would've been a better story in my opinion.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Did this man record his video streams (does iCam let you do that)? If not, this man paid $5 for the honor of watching thieves violate his home. Even stupid criminals knows you shouldn't spend more than a couple minutes robbing a place.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
i actually think the funny thing is that they didn't steal his apple products. i guess even thieves have standards

G

I love hearing all the negative comments from the Android fan boys. The article is actually pretty good and anyone that posts a comment should read it before writing something stupid. The application only takes snapshots through a single or up to four web cameras, it's not ideal to use the application to protect your home.

Any person that doesn't have an alarm system for their home is stupid. Utilizing any cell phone application for home security is not a bright idea. You should always have someone house sit and have a couple dogs to protect your home while you're gone on vacation.

Dadeeo

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
SOMEBODY (cough, cough, Kev..Par..) owns apple stock. My HTC Hero has apps for viewing any IP web cam you have access to.
A better and more accurate title would have been "Man Watches Burglars Raid Home via Smartphone". But those rabid apple fan boys refuse to see that the Emperor has no clothes...

squiggs77

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
So did they take anything? Or did the cops pulling up alert them and they took off? If they ran because the cops were coming then this worked pretty good. The article doesn't really need to have 'iPhone' in the title. This could have been done with many different smart phones.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Apple hating is fine and all, but the app did do the job it was supposed to. It alerted him to an intrusion, gave him a video feed to confirm it was actually robbers, and he had the means right there to call the police. Calling the police these days is the hardest part, considering most dispatches are now outsourced to completely different areas who just automatically send help to the location of the call. If it weren't for him having this app, the robbers would've come back later, noticed the window they broke was still broken, and actually committed their robbery, and they would've returned to an empty house.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
The thing the Apple fanboys will fail to see is that iCam, his iPhone, and any other iThing did not help him one bit. His house was still burgled and the thieves were not caught. In fact, it was more like his iPhone was taunting him by showing him that his house was getting burgled.

Status
Not open for further replies.