Manually change video output of laptop motherboard without internal display

Sep 27, 2018
Hello, i am wondering if there may be a solution to my problem.

I have an old motherboard for a toshiba c55-a5310 laptop.

I no longer have the laptop screen (internal display)

I don't have a replacement screen.

• I currently do not have a boot drive.
Is it possible for me to rewire the motherboard to output to external only? I have no way of changing it in the bios as it doesn't display anything externally at the moment..

mortemas

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Laptop displays can usually be switched with a function key. Look up the manual online for that laptop and find out which function key it was. Hopefully you won’t have to boot into windows for that key to work. Some laptops automatically use the external display if it’s detected at boot up, so make sure it’s on and connected before you power up the mobo.

mortemas

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Laptop displays can usually be switched with a function key. Look up the manual online for that laptop and find out which function key it was. Hopefully you won’t have to boot into windows for that key to work. Some laptops automatically use the external display if it’s detected at boot up, so make sure it’s on and connected before you power up the mobo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
X Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 22
K Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 1