Solved! Marantz Onkyo Airplay

Oct 3, 2018
I have a Marantz SR 7011 set up to drive 7.1.4 channels of wonderful sound with an Onkyo A 9010 powering the left and right front speakers. When I use AirPlay to output to the Marantz it wakes up from standby, but the Onkyo remains silent. Is there any way I can trigger the Onkyo to join the party other than pushing the go button?

Solution
A smart or 12v triggered power strip won't help unless the Onkyo will turn itself on when AC is applied as opposed to just going into standby.
I assume that you can't leave the Onkyo on all the time because it goes into standby without a signal. If you could leave it on that would work fine. Without an input the power draw would not be much but more than the .5w that some countries mandate.
I would say that the amp in the Marantz is comparable in quality to the Onkyo and more powerful so maybe you don't need to use the Onkyo at all.
A smart or 12v triggered power strip won't help unless the Onkyo will turn itself on when AC is applied as opposed to just going into standby.
I assume that you can't leave the Onkyo on all the time because it goes into standby without a signal. If you could leave it on that would work fine. Without an input the power draw would not be much but more than the .5w that some countries mandate.
I would say that the amp in the Marantz is comparable in quality to the Onkyo and more powerful so maybe you don't need to use the Onkyo at all.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS