Mcafee and Returning Laptop

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I got Mcafee and they helped me set it up in the store.They made a mistake and put the wrong email for the account and it is not possible to log in to the account on Mcafee website. I got a refund and I'm wondering that if I just uninstall Mcafee and not deactivate it will it uninstall properly or will it still slow down my computer and some files will remain?

I got a laptop and I used it for a bit but then didn't like it so I returned it, before I returned it I logged out of everything and cleared my browsing history and every other box that there is. I was using Google Chrome. They said that they will send it to the manufacturer and they will wipe everything off the computer. This is from PC World and I'm wondering if this is true?

USAFRet

Illustrious
Not to scare you, but they will *probably* wipe it before reselling.

I once bought a supposedly refurb HP desktop from BestBuy.
I asked if it had been wiped:
"Yes sir"
I then asked the floor manager:
"Yes sir, we do that with ALL systems here"

Got it home, strolling through the registry...the original owners name, address, phone num, etc, etc....

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I've never been to Best Buy I live in Europe is Best Buy kinda like Walmart?

USAFRet

Illustrious

It is a typical big box store. Sells all kinds of stuff.
Smaller than Walmart.

Like Curry's or Dixons in the UK

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Oh okay but do you think I they will wipe the stuff on the PC I returned?

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Also I uninstalled malwarebytes from the control panel but why does it show up when I click on the little arrow at the bottom right of the screen and go to customise. It gives me options like Only show notifications,hide icon and notifications and Show icon and notifications. Has it been properly removed? The thing it says on the left is mbamtray.exe.Im pretty sure I used the removal tool they offered.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

And recently when I downloaded Mcafee and removed it I've had a problem with the network where I couldn't connect to internet or find any networks. Trouble shooting fixed it but now the problem is sound after I reinstalled Mcafee and uninstalled it. The volume icon has an x on it and I right clicked it and went onto playback devices it says none aren't installed. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Do you have any solutions for the other problems I posted in this thread?