Media Player "Classic"

StupidTechnology

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
Hi.

Firstly, before I start that, how can I disable the very annoying "Maximize[sic] your chances of being answered.
Please write-correctly and politely (no short text messaging)" messages? I am not an invalid. I know how to type messages. http://i.imgur.com/mFtNIbN.png How can I see things with stupid things in the way? Stop being like microsoft; google; apple; and all the other stupid companies and forcing me to have stupid repeated annoying things I don't want and I don't need. Thanks.

Now I am on Windose. I'm quite certain the version and SP number is irrelevant because my problem is with a once good programme which has gone to crap. Media Player "Classic" is no longer classic; it has been "updated" to be horrible. Every time I add 1 or more file/s to my playlist, it decides to highlight the top/first in the amount I added. Why? How is that helpful? It is not. It is extremely annoying. How can I disable that?

When I drag and drop 1 or more new items to the playlist, instead of ADDING them to the playlist, it REPLACES them. Why? How is that helpful? It is not. It is extremely annoying. How can I disable that? What's the point in having a play LIST if a LIST is impossible to make?! 1 item is not a list.

MPC no longer has "Add to MPC playlist" on the right-click menu. Why? How is that helpful? It is not. It is extremely annoying. How can I disable that?

MPC takes 800 years to hide my mouse cursor. I want it to hide IMMEDIATELY when I go full-screen BOTH with double-clicking AND with pressing F11.

I have looked, re-looked, and re-re-looked in the options and I can't find ANYTHING which can help with any of this above. All of these things above are very stupid. Why "update" to something worse? Why remove things that worked, and add things that are completely stupid and not needed?

If you can help me, that would be great.

Thanks.

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
This... is mostly a rant about a program that most people don't use, without giving what version of the program / windows you're using, while using the very same incorrect grammar that the message you complained about warned you not to use. :p

Anyways, just poking a stick at you. It might well be time for you to move on from windows media center, and try some of the wonderful free options out there, like VLC media player, which fixes every issue you have except the mouse cursor hiding immediately. (Which can, I believe, be adjusted.)

StupidTechnology

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
I didn't know Media Player Classic was by Windose. I downloaded it with the K-Lite Codec Pack which works, and grammer? You must be american. I don't like VLC. I want to fix the problems which were able to be done in a previous version. I thought it was obvious I was talking about the latest version - and how am I supposed to know that no-one uses it anymore? I am not a mind reader. It wasn't a rant, it was a question. Lastly, my Windose version is irrelevant; the programme would behave the same on other versions.

StupidTechnology

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

Lol. If they'd listen. Then there wouldn't be the need for tech forums like this.

Except for on here I've never heard it before so I'm reluctant, but thanks.

Mahisse

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Either way MPC is a dinosaur. There was a time where MPC was a good choice for different video codecs but that is YEARS back now and there is alot of freeware that do the job a thousand times better than MPC now,
I know the feeling of not wanting to let go of a program that you are very used to and have enjoyed for many years but the truth is that most applications fall behind at some point. Take Winamp as a classic example.

Do yourself the favour and search for a new video player instead of getting frustrated with something nobody is bothered with anymore (devs included.