Meet Sony's Colorful New MP3 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
It's nice, but I must admit: a bit higher capacity would be good too. With 8gb now becoming the standard for USB thumb-drives, that would be a good start.

Sphex

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
@cybr hell yeah, but maybe in 5 years :] oh, and freggos a cheapo, 4gb for an MP3 player is better than getting an ipod shuffle 1gb for like 80 bucks. Plus this one has a screen. +1 to cybr and Sony.

papalacollin

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
Looks really great, as usual from Sony. Terribly outdated and overpriced, as usual from Sony. If they could keep up with hardware trends everything they put out would be perfect.

idiom

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Now all that Sony needs to do is invent time travel. I bet the people living in the year 2003 will really be into this.

G

@sphex "@cybr hell yeah, but maybe in 5 years :] oh, and freggos a cheapo, 4gb for an MP3 player is better than getting an ipod shuffle 1gb for like 80 bucks. Plus this one has a screen. +1 to cybr and Sony."

Except that the ipod shuffle is $49 and is 2GB (not $80 and 1GB) and is smaller and has voiceover, 15hr battery life and has the built in clip which is a must for me. I don't want a screen on a micro player, I don't want to look at it, and want the thing as rugged as possible.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
[citation][nom]idiom[/nom]Now all that Sony needs to do is invent time travel. I bet the people living in the year 2003 will really be into this.[/citation]
My 2GB Creative MuVo from that time frame is perfectly serviceable, thank you very much. Not much bigger either, though it uses a detachable battery compartment where you can put a rechargeable AAA battery yourself. No downtime for recharging either -- just keep a spare charged AAA battery and swap as needed. My main complaint is that those cheapos at Creative used a USB 1.1 connection when USB 2.0 was already ubiquitous...

G

I think you just confirmed the point. Why why why does it only hold 2 or 4 gigs in this age? a 32 gig USB thumbdrive is $36. My audio collection in Mp3 is nearly 50 gigs. How is a 4 gig Mp3 player supposed to help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.