Memory Confusion on Task Manager - Windows 10

Sep 9, 2018
Hello, everyone hope your doing well.
I'm having a kind of confusion with my laptop RAM. So, when ever i go on task manager my memory from yesterday (sept 8, 2018 ) is showing 25% - 28%. But, before i used to show 18%-19% with noting ruuning on the desktop. but it ranges from 25% - 28%. Please help me out.
Thanks.

Solution
You can also look in task manager to see whats eating up that extra ram. Win 10 does all sorts of stuff in the background and its constantly fluctuating how much memory its using. Unless its at 100% I wouldnt even worry about it.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
Windows could be updating, running a virus scan, or any number of things it does. Or you have something running that you didn't the last time you looked at it. Try restarting the laptop then checking before opening anything else.

maestro0428

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
You can also look in task manager to see whats eating up that extra ram. Win 10 does all sorts of stuff in the background and its constantly fluctuating how much memory its using. Unless its at 100% I wouldnt even worry about it.

Solution
Sep 9, 2018

Thank you very much. I ave checked the resource monitor and i have a lot of ram free. Thank you for taking my worries down. I shouldn't have worried about it in the first place. even tho my games are running perfectly fine.