Mi Box to Vizio Soundbar

Nov 22, 2018
Having a nightmare trying to figure out how to connect my Mi Box to my Vizio soundbar (SB3821). I initially connected via Bluetooth successfully but was getting bad interference with WiFi so opted for a direct route.

Mi Box connections are power, HDMI (to tv) and combined SPDIF Out / 3.5mm audio output port.

Soundbar does not have HDMI and is connected to tv optical SPDIF cable.

Do I need a mini toslink cable to connect directly from Mi box to soundbar? If so, what if I want to add further devices (Blu-Ray player etc)......do I then need to have a splitter so the other devices can link from devices to the soundbar!?

Thank you in advance!!

Solution
it should pass-through from HDMI from the Mi box to the TV, and eventually out the optical connection to the soundbar. More times than not, it's the TV audio output settings - just make sure it's set to either "auto" or "PCM" (usually setting to PCM resolves this problem).
it should pass-through from HDMI from the Mi box to the TV, and eventually out the optical connection to the soundbar. More times than not, it's the TV audio output settings - just make sure it's set to either "auto" or "PCM" (usually setting to PCM resolves this problem).

Solution