Hitman84

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2005
I've got an altec lansing headset, mic and headphones. The headset connects to the PC through two different connectors, one for output(sound) and one for input(mic).
Problem is after about a minute or so the mic stops picking up voice, yet if I switch it's pickup method from hi to low and back(from the slider switch) programs like teamspeak or grabbing something but loseing it. If I drop sensitivity for example on TS to all but nothing the program is getting something yet no one can hear me. Windows hardware test and sound recorder are also picking up nothing.
At first I thought it might be my onboard sound card but I figured if that were the case I wouldn't be getting any sound. Do I just have a case of a dead mic?

Dafaad

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
Sounds like you may have a defective device. I have a simular setup but I am just running a Plantronics headset with attached mic. It connects with two connection wires as you say. One for mic, one for sound.

I use it daily with TS without issue. Maybe borrow a friends or buy a cheap one at radio shack and see if you have the same issue. Then you can know to take it back or not.

Good luck!