mic won't work when speakers are plugged in

debonbequia

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
ASUS model F556UA AB54 - When I plug in my speakers (not a headset) the microphone inside the laptop doesn't work...Could anyone please give me the fix?

debonbequia

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
Thanks for all your advise...I did get it sorted by accident. Unplugged the speakers and when I plugged them back in a wizard came up called: Realtek HD Audio Manager...I clicked on speakers and the mic --Now, the speakers and the mic work - YAY! Hope this helps anyone that is having the same problem.

Sounds like the connection is set to turn off the internal microphone when anything is plugged in.

When your speakers are connected, go into "Control Panel" and then "Sound". Click on the "Recording" tab and then highlight the internal microphone. Right click on it and make sure it isn't set as "Disabled" and then also make sure it is set as the "Default Device". Once done click "Apply" and then click "OK". You should be good.

debonbequia

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
Thanks for all your advise...I did get it sorted by accident. Unplugged the speakers and when I plugged them back in a wizard came up called: Realtek HD Audio Manager...I clicked on speakers and the mic --Now, the speakers and the mic work - YAY! Hope this helps anyone that is having the same problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1