Microphone isn't picking up voice

May 15, 2018
Hello, I had an issue with my mic which is not picking my voice after windows 10 update. It worked perfectly fine before the updates and i just need to plug and use. However, right after the update my microphone is not picking up my voice. The mic is detected but no signal is been receive (green bar in recording device) . Then i tried to go through the settings and find out that i am able to hear my self when i select ( Listen to this device), the green bag signal is detected too. When i untick that option, no signal is detected.

I have tried all the troubleshoot suggested, updating driver, reinstall driver, microphone level, muting/unmuting.

FYI the mic works perfectly fine on my laptop but no on my PC.

Solution
May 15, 2018

yeap.. I tried rolling back but it doesnt work too. The port is fine too because i tried with my speaker and it works perfectly fine. ( the port can selected as microphone / line in / speaker out ).

May 15, 2018
I've had the same issue with a USB headset (corsair vengeance 2100). I've tried any combination of uninstalling drivers, restarting computer, disconnecting and reconnecting USB port, changing USB port, using Microsoft drivers, using Corsair drivers, but to no avail. The headphones work fine as when I blow into the mic at any stage it is picked up by the headphones but not Windows. As Chang_1908 said you can 'Listen to this device' and it works.

HELP!

May 15, 2018

Hi. I've just figured out the problem last night. If you are using Windows 10, try to go Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone and enable the microphone. Seems like the latest updates of my windows 10 auto disable my microphone which causes the microphone not picking up voice. Hope this helps :D

*I'm not sure about other windows, but you can try to search for any microphone permission settings if you are using other windows.

May 15, 2018

That's got it, thank you buddy! :D

Thought I was going to have to buy a new headset.

The question now stands: why on earth would your default privacy settings on a mic to be disabled for all applications...?

Solution