Microphone picks up everything I hear.

xflash54

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
Hello, problem is stated in Headline: my microphone picks up everything what I hear, or atleast all softwares do.
I have small youtube channel when I am uploading videos now and then, despite my ploblematic past with audio devices, I have never seen or had problem like this.
Basically, when I try to record my voice using any software, for example Audacity, and during recording start playing an youtube video/play video game or everything that makes a noise really, my microphone picks it up. Same goes with Skype,Discord and other stuff. I am using Voicemeeter banana for over 2 years now, to enhance audio. I can't even think of the solution. I've checked all the properties and nothing seems to help.
P.S. this problem appeared suddenly, I did not switch to new mic or updated anything.
please help?

Solution
Sounds like it is recording both your audio input and the audio output from your PC. If you just want to record voice you should disable the recording of your audio output. If you are trying to record video and audio at the same time you are going to have to split your audio outputs so you only record the specific one you want.

jmckinney28

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
Sounds like it is recording both your audio input and the audio output from your PC. If you just want to record voice you should disable the recording of your audio output. If you are trying to record video and audio at the same time you are going to have to split your audio outputs so you only record the specific one you want.

Solution