Microphone setup to receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

windox

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
I have Yamaha rx v383 for the receiver and Sony for the TV. Receiver and TV is hooked up and it works as it should...play sounds to receiver from TV...now I want to add Karaoke Mixer Fifine for a microphone use...anyone here know how to make it work gets 10 dollars through paypal...

accessories that's here...

rca cable
optical cable
hdmi

Solution
There is no guide as your setup is unique. You have to figure out two things:
- how to put original sound track into karaoke' mixer
- how to put mixed sound from the mixer into the receiver

So. I'll assume that you have yet another think for audio / video source, say DVD player. In that case: Video output of the DVD into video input of the receiver, audio output of the DVD into karaoke mixed, audio output of karaoke into receiver. Match audio and video inputs on the receiver. Receiver goes to TV, and TV is muted.

Another option is that you're watching TV thru aerial, and your receiver is just for audio. Then - headphones or audio out of TV goes into karaoke, karaoke into receiver.
You won't be able to use the receiver as your source of music with the Karaoke. It has no output for that.
You can connect the AV output of the Karaoke to the receiver for playback through the speakers and TV but you would have to connect your music source directly to the music input on the Karaoke. The Karaoke video output could be connected directly to the TV if the receiver doesn't send composite video through the HDMI output.
If you had a two zone AVR you would be able to connect it using the zone 2 audio output as your source of music and the AV output of the Karaoke as the source in the main zone

There is no guide as your setup is unique. You have to figure out two things:
- how to put original sound track into karaoke' mixer
- how to put mixed sound from the mixer into the receiver

So. I'll assume that you have yet another think for audio / video source, say DVD player. In that case: Video output of the DVD into video input of the receiver, audio output of the DVD into karaoke mixed, audio output of karaoke into receiver. Match audio and video inputs on the receiver. Receiver goes to TV, and TV is muted.

Another option is that you're watching TV thru aerial, and your receiver is just for audio. Then - headphones or audio out of TV goes into karaoke, karaoke into receiver.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.