Microsoft Files Patent for Dragable Tabs in Browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

No. No. NO. Stop this madness microsoft.

Honestly, some people just want the world to burn

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Even if it's bad that you can patent these kind of things it's understandable why MS does it. They rather patent it, or someone else will and then come back to sue Microsoft.

Remember, even if MS patents this doesn't mean they will sue everyone else that do a similiar thing. But in the corporate world you're either the predator or the prey. And when it comes to patents it's a very dirty and corrupt game, especially with software patents where everything can be patented, regardless how silly and insignificant it is.

raringcoder

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]Soon someone will patent the concept of clicking and dragging.[/citation]Fairly certain Apple did something very close to this with "slide to unlock"... when mouse / touch expressions become patentable, we have more problems than we care to realise.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]Soon someone will patent the concept of clicking and dragging.[/citation]
I think that Apple or MS bought that patent from Xerox as part of GUI patents package.

phraun

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
I can speak for any of the other browsers, but chrome and firefox have been doing this since time out of mind. Good luck, MS. :p

devBunny

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
A pox on all their houses!!

Uh oh. I used a pox that's already been patented. Anyone care to contribute to the licence fee? :-/

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]What's next? Patenting the FILE location on the top left of window menus ?[/citation]
I'm going to say the power button.

Status
Not open for further replies.