Microsoft outlook mail to large to send

dastine

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I have attached a large PDF 85Mb to send and it locks up the CPU at 100% and i want to cancel the send operation, but it tries to resend it when i open the outlook application every time. I have selected the cancel mail but it keeps on trying to send it every time.
What am i missing here?, thanks for any help, Dan

dastine

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Yes, it goes into auto send first , even as i have let run for 2 hours to see if it would clear out of the cache, it still holds the CPU at 100%. i cancel the send function, but it is stalled out, I have to use the c+Alt+Del and use this to stop the process on the "outlook 2003" it just repeats when i open Outlook again. How can i delete the message that contains the PDF attachment? also, it will not receive incoming mail, either. Thanks for your reply

dastine

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Updated, this was a real needle hunt. the out box was completely out from my view in the side window. Struggling with the CPU @ 100% and at a turtle pace to move the view. It was in the out box, that is the first i have ever had a reason to look in there in years; i was thinking the Que? It was not going out with out a fight; drag and drop or simple delete would not function. It was a "move to file" command that accomplished the task. Finally it is gone, i am left with the feeling of having a real brain fart,,,Thank you all for your consideration and help, Dan

dastine

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I have let the PC run all night and no issues yet and the mail packet is deleted. I have been using a PC for 25 years and it is remarkable how my memory has lost the basics, LOL

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009

Sometimes "the basics" can be hard to keep up with anyway with the amount of updates and changes technology undergoes. :p