Solved! misubishi model 60638 color issue/ NOT color wheel

Oct 13, 2018
Mitsubishi wd60638 had a color wheel go out replaced the color wheel and it started having color issues after it ran for about an hour.Turn off/wait/on again and it runs great for about an hour. have had 3 different color wheels sent and all have the same issue. What else could cause this problem???

Solution
If all the color wheels came from the same batch they could all have the same problem.
Next guess would be bad power supply for the wheel that screws up after being on an hour.
You could check with
www.shopjimmy.com
They sell replacement parts and are very helpful.
Oct 13, 2018

Oct 13, 2018
I ran the electrical diagnostics on the power supply and it all metered out within tolerances. I believe you are right about the defective parts as the colors wheels were all tight to spin upon arrival.The 2 different sellers sent replacements and eventually refunded the monies spent and didn't even want the defective parts back. I took 2 of the defective color wheels and heavily oiled them with 3in1 oil and currently,one of those oiled wheels is operating properly with no color issues and has been doing so for a week now. Hopefully this will help anyone else who orders a CHEAP color wheel and still has related issues. Please be very careful to clean any oil off the color plate with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip,drying it carefully with a lens cloth afterward.Thank You for your assistance