Mitsubishi's BHR300 HDTVs Offer HDD, BRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandersozo

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
I wonder if it can play Crisis...

Hmm, who's that at my door? Hello, whatever you're selling I don't... HEY... you can't, no! NO!

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]commandersozo[/nom]I wonder if it can play Crisis...Hmm, who's that at my door? Hello, whatever you're selling I don't... HEY... you can't, no! NO![/citation]

One lame Crysis-joke maker down.

commandersozo

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
To be fair, it was more a joke aimed at Crysis joke makers.
But about those TV's!

I really like the whole integrated HDD idea, though it would put my 360 out of a job. Including a Blu-ray burner seems like overkill to me, but it's the overkill of the future!

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Ummm... TVs had volume compensation built-in like 10 years ago.

Nothing I see here is really all that ground-breaking. The built-in hard drive is cool as long as you can use it like a DVR, and really... it's not like you're going to be able to burn your DVRed programs to BRD anyway, so the playback is all that really matters... but, then, that's just two (HDD and BRD) more things to break in the long run.

G

"ill feature technology that will keep a consistent level of volume between television programs and the sometimes overbearing commercials." THATS awesome... finally!!!

what about TOO LOUD MUSIC and not loud enough voice?!

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]doctorpink[/nom]"ill feature technology that will keep a consistent level of volume between television programs and the sometimes overbearing commercials." THATS awesome... finally!!!what about TOO LOUD MUSIC and not loud enough voice?![/citation]

BEST FEATURE EVER!!!!

I'd live to be able to hear the film actors talk and then not blow my system up in the next explosions scene.

The film makers think we all listen with our system turned up to 11.

I have to have it on 2 so I don't wake people up!

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
The hard drive is nothing too special here in Japan. All the big TV makers have models with hard drives; Panasonic, Sharp, Toshiba, Sony, and Hitachi.

Sharp has a TV with a blu-ray player, but I'm not sure if it is a burner or if it comes with a hard drive too (I don't know because I'm not looking for a TV with either, my pc already has booth).

I'd look into these TVs (ones without HDD) in October, but they'll probably all be over $1,500.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I wish all tv companies would put in the technology to keep the volume consistent. I know higher end receivers have this technology, but it should be standard in televisions. I hate loud commercials. I always have the volume button the remote at the ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.