Mixed Klipsch Speaker Setup

mfaulk

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
Hey there!

I found a good deal on some Klipsch speakers,

http://www.klipsch.com/products/promedia-gmx-a-2-1-computer-speaker-system

it is this kind! the deal contains 5 of the satellite speakers, but no subwoofer. Would it be possible to use the 5 all together and then use a random subwoofer? Or would wiring, etc, prevent me from doing that. Also since it only comes with 2.. 5 might be impossible to use all together..
Any help would be appreciated, thanks !

Solution
not sure about that promedia set, but the one i've seen more commonly has speaker wire out the back going to the subwoofer. like most pc speaker systems it has an amplifier inside the subwoofer for the speakers.

like aa stated, you would need a way to power the speakers. without that and you're dead in the water. if you bought a 2.1 set no you couldnt connect the extra speakers up to it either.

the good deal isnt quite so good. i would look elsewhere.
not sure about that promedia set, but the one i've seen more commonly has speaker wire out the back going to the subwoofer. like most pc speaker systems it has an amplifier inside the subwoofer for the speakers.

like aa stated, you would need a way to power the speakers. without that and you're dead in the water. if you bought a 2.1 set no you couldnt connect the extra speakers up to it either.

the good deal isnt quite so good. i would look elsewhere.

Solution