Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnate390

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
device: samsung j3 emerge
otg brand: n/a
controller: rockcandy xbox 360

i recently got into trying steam link and while i am waiting for it to come i decided to try it out on my phone. the streaming works great with only occasional input lag...
the only problem is my controller
i plugged it in with an old otg cable i found laying around, but in game all sorts of weird stuff was happening with the right stick rt and lt. i used a controller test and sure enough the right stick was stuck in the top left corner and rt and lt were not recognised. the controller works just fine with anything else i plug it into. could it be my otg cable or a driver issue?

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Yeah, the support seems to be so hit and miss. I spent about a week tryng to configure the controller on the Tab, and I just couldn't get it. So gave up.
If you google Xbox360 +OTG you will see there are literally hundreds of posts about this exact thing. IMO its just not worth the effort.

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
It's most likely the phone. I've an S5/S8/Tab 4. my Xbox 360 wired controller works flawlessly on the S5/S8, but on the tab, acts/reacts very much as your're describing. I tried all sorts of half baked apps that are supposed to help, but they don't. I think it's just down to poor implementation from Samsung. That it works on something older like an S5 with no issues, but won't on a decent enough tablet (on which gaming would be much better than the phone - big screen)

coolnate390

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

well i have also tried it on a kindle fire hd 7 and a verison tablet and i got the same exact results

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Yeah, the support seems to be so hit and miss. I spent about a week tryng to configure the controller on the Tab, and I just couldn't get it. So gave up.
If you google Xbox360 +OTG you will see there are literally hundreds of posts about this exact thing. IMO its just not worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Mobile Gaming 1
Stephsniz Mobile Gaming 5
L Mobile Gaming 1
P Mobile Gaming 1
J Mobile Gaming 1
N Mobile Gaming 1
A Mobile Gaming 2
P Mobile Gaming 1
S Mobile Gaming 2