Monitor built-in speaker sound quality

Xieus

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
Hi, I'm new to this site and I'm not too sure if I'm on the right category for my problem but hopefully I can get some help here.

I currently have a Asus VE248H 24 inch monitor with built in speakers and I'm currently using it for my PS3 connected via HDMI. Everything works perfectly fine but the sound quality that its putting out through my headphones aren't the best. The headphones I am currently using is a Razer Kraken Pro. I was wondering if there was a way to make the sound quality a bit better? (ex: adding some bass) The only audio setting that I've encountered on this monitor is volume control. Hope I can get some help and knowledge about my issue!

Solution
Monitors don't typically have very high quality sound processing hardware. If it's possible, you should plug your headset directly into your PS3.

Xieus

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014

Ah, I see. Well, these headphones don't have usb so at the moment I can't try that out. I will try purchasing a USB to 3.5mm adapter and hope for the best. Thanks for the suggestion!

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014

That will work, but those usb adapters will probably not have any better sound than a monitor unless you spend quite a bit. You will get the best quality if you use a receiver that can get the digital signal directly from hdmi or the optical audio output.

You are probably better off just living with the sound you have and adjusting it directly from your PS3 or purchasing a new headset that is directly compatible with the PS3.