Monitor randomly going black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisto 17

Estimable
May 26, 2015
Hi, my HDMI monitor that i've had for about two years randomly goes black for about 2-3 seconds and it's slightly worrying..The monitor still works as i've quickly opened things when it's black, i just have no visuals, the monitor still says it's on with the blue light. I've got it directly connected to my pc and plugged into a 6-way connected to the main sockets in the house. I use my monitor for about 8-14 hours a day and it's used for gaming.

it's a iiyama ProLite GE2488HS 1ms monitor connected to my graphics card.

Thank you.

Solution
It sounds like your monitor has a bad connection using a HDMI. One of the port must have gone bad. Do a process of elimination and plug a different HDMI device into the monitor and if it still does not work you will know its the monitor and then plug the PC into another HDMI monitor/TV and if it does not work you will know its the PC. Also try with a different connector e.g. display port.

Fading_Clos3r

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
It sounds like your monitor has a bad connection using a HDMI. One of the port must have gone bad. Do a process of elimination and plug a different HDMI device into the monitor and if it still does not work you will know its the monitor and then plug the PC into another HDMI monitor/TV and if it does not work you will know its the PC. Also try with a different connector e.g. display port.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.