Question monitor refresh and connection

Peter_161

Honorable
Aug 21, 2016
I plugged my PS5 into my monitor through HDMI. (Fun). When I switch back to my Razer Blade 15” Advanced (2019) (which importantly, uses USB-C/thunderbolt) -- no signal. I cycled all power, tried other cables, and tried it on a separate monitor (which worked fine). It seems like my USB-C monitor input on my monitor blew out?

Peter_161

Honorable
Aug 21, 2016
Yes, I restarted the computer and cycled through the monitor inputs.
Concerning display modes, the computer doesn't detect the monitor at all, so there's nothing to toggle, I think.

Peter_161

Honorable
Aug 21, 2016
I'm sorry, somehow I mixed two of my question threads into one. I just deleted the second question, so COLGeek, your second reply isn't relevant, I think.
To recap, look at my two posts above, as I'm trying to go from USB-C/thunderbolt to USB-C/thunderbolt. All cables and computers works with a different monitor.

And I just tried a second laptop with all cables and monitors with the same result. The monitor's USB-C/thunderbolt is not working.

Last edited:

Peter_161

Honorable
Aug 21, 2016
I'm sorry if I'm unclear. I'm connecting my Razer laptop to an external HP monitor through USB-C/thunderbolt to USB-C/thunderbolt. (HDMI works in every case).
But my computer is 2019 so I don't think it's under warranty. Since the monitor works with other computers (and cables) it's the monitor, no?

COLGeek

Cybernaut