Mouse and Keyboard Not Working

andantesash

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I done a scan today with superantispyware and malwarebytes removing some bugs I had picked up then rebooted my laptop.

Once the laptop got to the login screen for typing my password the onboard keyboard and touchpad mouse have stopped working. So I rebooted and I noticed the buttons are working with the F8 option on bootup just when it gets to the login screen it doesnt

I plugged in an external mouse and keyboard which are working fine, so I downloaded the drivers for onboard keyboard and mouse and it says there is a problem installing them and they have the yellow warning icon next to them in device manager.

Any suggestions on what to do?

It's a Toshiba Satellite L350-235

andantesash

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
yeh I was in device manager and uninstalled and then search for new hardware and it displayed both of them after the laptop installed the drivers itself but with two yellow error icons next to them with the message

"The drivers for this device are not installed (code 28)
The operation requires an interactive window station"

jnkweaver

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Most likely your antivirus got a false positive on your software and took out some components. Uninstall and reinstall the software for the keyboard and mouse.

andantesash

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I've just been using the vista firewall for the past few days, so theres not been one installed. Have just installed avast using the external laptop and mouse. What should I do now? Uninstall Superantispyware and Malwarebytes?