Mouse being controlled by someone else :S Help!

Des123

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
Someone keeps on taking control of my mouse at random times. I've scanned my computer with Malware Bytes and Spybot S&D but show no threats. :\

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Odd, you don't have any remote software like VNC running do you? Are you sure this isn't a sensor within the mouse going bad? Try using a different mouse and see what happens. Also, if this is a wireless mouse, try a wired one. Perhaps it's wireless interference.

ender2003

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Does the mouse just slowly creep to one side in a straight line, or does it actually move around the screen and try to "click" on items? If it just slowly moves, that happens from time to time with an optical mouse. I had one that did it almost every time the mouse was sitting still. If it is wireless, I agree with Hawkeye that it might be interference. A wired one should fix that issue.

Des123

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
it is wired. And the movements have been specific e.g pausing my youtube videos, opening pages etc. I used webroot sweeper and that didn't come up with any results either.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
I don't think so, as most times it is recommended that you temporarily turn off restore points when trying to remove viruses/malware as they can get backed up by the restore point system. Turning restore points off automatically deletes all current restore points.

TRENDING THREADS