Madtings

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
I have recently bought a laptop from my friend and the laptop came with all his files, I had to force reset by formatting the hard drive as it did not want to reset. Anyway, after I got windows installed I downloaded PUBG and Fortnite and in both of the games, there is mouse delay. It makes the game unplayable and annoys the hell out of me. I tried contacting Asus via email and the responded saying it would take 2 days to respond and it has been 3 days since I have emailed them. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know thanks. :)

Laptop Specs (Asus ROG G551VW):
Nvidia Geforce 960m
Intel I7-6700HQ
8GB RAM

Madtings

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

Yep, I have configured them and the problem persists

Madtings

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
I have found that when I plug in the charger there is no delay at all and when I take out the charger the delay is there. How do I fix when I am not charging?

janeb3918

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

Maybe you need to make some changes to Mouse settings so as to take it back to work in games.

1. Enable Scroll Inactive window.
Go to Settings > Devices > Mouse& Touchpad >Scroll Inactive Windows when I hover over it.

2. Enhance mouse precision.
Navigate to Settings > Devices > Mouse& Touchpad > Additional mouse options >Pointer options >Enhance pointer precision

Hope it works for you.

Madtings

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Sadly it did not work but thank you for your input.:)

I have created another form on the same issue and I have talked more in-depth about whats happening based on a possible solution someone had provided me with, If anyone can check it out and tell me if there is a solution based on what I have talked about please let me know in either one of the forms. Thanks

Link to other form: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3690270/mouse-delay-games.html

Also, there is still delay just I hadn't noticed on Fortnite.

janeb3918

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

Ok,maybe you can try to disable Cortana to see if it helps?

Madtings

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

Cortana made no difference.