Mouse Stops Working When Opening Visual Studios?

Havenost

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014
So I have multiple mouses and they all work fine when I am doing every day work and playing games. But whenever I try to up Civilization 5 SDK to do some modding, my mouse freezes up as soon as I load ModBuddy. It just stops responding. If I hit ctrl alt delete the mouse works again in the ctrl alt delete screen, but if I go back to my desktop the mouse just stops responding again. If I try to unplug and replug in my mouse it does nothing, or even plugging in a new mouse.

A maybe related problem I have is sometimes my mouse will bug out when playing Guild Wars 2 when I am in the Black Trading Post screen. My mouse will stop responding and if start clicking it makes a beeping noise. This is easily temporarily fixed by unplugging the mouse and replugging it in.

I believe both of these programs use VIsual Studios or some other Microsoft software which cause the problem.

I noticed this only started happening when I switched from AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition Processor to my i7-4790K with its Z-97 AR MOBO. So not sure how to fix this.

Havenost

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014
Yes I reinstalled the operating system along with all programs. The mouse I am currently using is a Gearhead LM600U mouse. Though I have the same problem with other logitech mouses and microsoft mouses.