Movie quality from a USB on my HD TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxarcilla

Estimable
Jul 20, 2015
Hi! I currently have a 720p HD Ready 32 inch LED Sony Bravia TV. Well I just recently downloaded a 1080p movie but when I tried to play it on my TV some scenes are great but for the most part the backround looks a bit fuzzy and distorted especially on scenes where its dark, same thing happens on a 720p movie btw and the movie I downloaded has a bluray format. Is it because I was playing the movie from a USB? will the quality be better if I used a dedicated media player or a HDMI cable?
Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated, Thanks! :D

Solution
Could be a few things going on.
Sometimes when you download movies they aren't the resolution that they claim. Open the file in VLC player and click on tools, then metadata, then codec and you can see the resolution of the file.
LCD TVs have problems with dark scenes and the set up of the TV and it's video processing can sometimes make the problem worse. Search for the model of your TV and add calibration settings to the search. You might find better setting than the ones you are using. It also possible that the setting which work fine for other sources are wrong for the USB input.
You might get a better result with a stand alone player. If you have a laptop with HDMI play the file on the TV with that. Set the TV as a second...
Could be a few things going on.
Sometimes when you download movies they aren't the resolution that they claim. Open the file in VLC player and click on tools, then metadata, then codec and you can see the resolution of the file.
LCD TVs have problems with dark scenes and the set up of the TV and it's video processing can sometimes make the problem worse. Search for the model of your TV and add calibration settings to the search. You might find better setting than the ones you are using. It also possible that the setting which work fine for other sources are wrong for the USB input.
You might get a better result with a stand alone player. If you have a laptop with HDMI play the file on the TV with that. Set the TV as a second display and set that display for the native resolution of the screen (it may different than 720p).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.