Movie Studio Platinum 13 Help

csweetly

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015
I am a very new user to Movie Studio and am having trouble fitting the videos we make in Platinum to fit our Virtual outdoor 5x7 LED Screen. The videos look good in the preview window in Platinum itself but when displayed on the LED there are black lines at the top and bottom. It looks like we should be able to make our display bigger to fill the entire screen but I can't figure out how in the world to fix this problem??? I have spent hours trying to learn what step / setting I need to take or change. If anyone can teach me what I seem to be missing I will be forever grateful!!!

Solution
Find out what the resolution of that screen is and render the video to that size and aspect ratio. The reason you get black bars is that the aspect ratio of the screen is different than the video. Same thing if you watch a standard TV formatted movie made for 3:4 sets on a wide-screen TV or watch a wider screen movie on a standard wide-screen.
Find out what the resolution of that screen is and render the video to that size and aspect ratio. The reason you get black bars is that the aspect ratio of the screen is different than the video. Same thing if you watch a standard TV formatted movie made for 3:4 sets on a wide-screen TV or watch a wider screen movie on a standard wide-screen.

Solution

csweetly

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply! The company told us that it is 240 tall and 320 wide 16:9. Now I changed the 240x320 in the properties but now the video is really awful quality when I do a playback but the preview screen looks more like our LED screen. So am I changing the setting in the wrong place? Like I said I am very new to this program and still have a lot to learn so thanks for your help!

No you may not be changing or doing the wrong thing, you can't just convert video sizes and quality and keep them looking good. You are removing too much information. It's like taking a song that is 3 minutes long and cutting it up to fit into 1 minute, it won't sound nearly as good as you'd lose 2/3rd of the information. Best thing is to record the video in the native resolution for the screen. There may be other settings to play around with, possible the support for the software can give you suggestions.