Not open for further replies.

stevietrixx

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
1_zpsq99ygw2r.jpg

Hi, Im currently in "outlook 2016 professional plus"
when i click on "file" it shows "account information"
underneath their is a option to change picture
when i click "change" it bring s me to my outlook profile which already has a profile picture...i tried EVeRYTHING..

So MS Office 2016 is: 1) not showing you the existing profile picture or 2) it is not letting you change the existing profile picture.

Which - 1) or 2)?

What format is the profile picture?

Also is "" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />" actually showing up in the window or did you type that in somewhere?

stevietrixx

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

stevietrixx

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
i Have, my account is a personal Hotmail account and the link is provided for work or business, thanks for helping i really appreciate it

running office professional plus 2016

when i click change on the image above where the screeshot is, it just brings me to my hotmail profiile which is setup fine with a pic

when i bought office i had a choice between office 365 home, office 365 personal, office home and student 2016 and office professional plus 2016 which is almost 600$ lol, i bought professional plus 2016.....makes no sense to have a picture option Blank.

Also: Outlook > File > Options > People: is Show User Photos checked?

And in Trust Center (Automatic Download) - What "Don't download pjictures automatically" boxes are checked.

[Full disclosure: fishing a bit... Would not expect that you would need to tell Office/Outlook to use your own photograph (or at least not block it).]

Did you try the "Powershell" (Method 2) approach?

What you will need to do is change the path in the script to the path leading to the desired photo by file name. E.g. "Steve.jpg".

Suggest you target a copy of the desired photo for testing.

stevietrixx

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

stevietrixx

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Thanks again.... I tried all of the above except for power shell method, I'm not to familiar with changing the photo path with power shell, can u guide me?

Here is the script copied from the link.

Set-UserPhoto "username" -PictureData ([System.IO.File]::ReadAllBytes("C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\photo.jpg"))

This part is the pathname: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\

This part is the filename: photo.jpg

Where (meaning the pathname) on your system is the desired photo?

What is the photo's filename?

Create a backup copy of the photograph file as a precaution.

Once you have established the full path to the photograph with respect to your systems then you can edit the script accordingly. May not require much change.

Open Powershell in your normal account. You should be able to copy and paste in the script provided via Method 2.

Then edit the path and file name as necessary.

Hopefully the script will run and the method work. However, you may be notified that admin rights are necessary to run the script.

If so just copy the script, exit Powershell, and reopen as an administrator. Paste in the script and try again.

Pay close attention to any errors or syntax information that may appear.

Take your time. Feel free to google "Get-UserPhoto" more information and details.

Here is an example link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj218694(v=exchg.160).aspx

The provided examples will be helpful.

Excellent: Nicely done.

Here is the script I would use:

Set-UserPhoto "stevie" -PictureData ([System.IO.File]::ReadAllBytes("C:\Users\stevie\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures\72a2217e981a758f.jpg"))

Edited the original Method 2 script as follows:

1)Inserted "stevie" in for the username

2) Used C:\Users\stevie\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures for the path name

3) Used 72a2217e981a758f.jpg for the photo's file name.

With any luck you should be able to copy my modification as is and paste it into Powershell at the > prompt.

Then run by pressing the ENTER key.

Trusting that I have not introduced a typo or other error on my own - then the script should execute without error.

If there is an error or other event then will need to "debug" accordingly. Watch and read carefully.

Not sure what has happened.

The first "red" is "Could not find file". Filename does not match the photo's file name which I understood to be "72a2217e981a758f.jpg" And the cmdlet appears twice end to end at the command prompt.

The second "red" appears to be a pathname issue - but the cmdlet is not being recognized. It looks as if you tried to change the path and direct to another photograph. Such a pathname change certainly should be valid and worth the try. May just be some typo therein.

The third and fourth both appear to be "Could not find file" but at least the cmdlet is recognized to some extent.

Both seem to be balking at the -Identity parameter: i.e., "stevie" (3rd) or photo filename (4th).

After taking another look at the cmdlet parameters I noted another parameter: -Preview

Thus:

Set-UserPhoto "stevie" -PictureData ([System.IO.File]::ReadAllBytes("C:\Users\stevie\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures\72a2217e981a758f.jpg")) -Preview

-Preview uploads the photo to your user account but does not save it. Saving is accomplished via Set-UserPhoto "stevie" -Save

However, let's focus on just getting the Set-User Photo cmdlet to run without "red".

I am going to try to find another Set-UserPhoto example (or two) online. (Have run into a couple of older cmdlet examples that were incorrect via the cmdlet itself or the parameters.)

In the meantime keep "tinkering". Could turn out to be just some simple thing that I missed. You or someone else might spot it. Well and good!

Hopefully you at least feel a bit more comfortable working with Powershell. And editing is so much easier - remember you can use CRTL+C (Copy) and CRTL + V (Paste).

Apologies for the delay in responding - had to be away for a couple of days.

Beforehand I did find one link that seemed to suggest using your email address versus "stevie".

Also tried a couple of other variations on my end but I have Office 365 and things do not seem to be quite the same. Plus my Powershell is now now recognizing the cmdlet. Will work on it all some more.

Also noted two references that seem to limit the photograph size 96 x 96 or perhaps 100 x100.

However size should be independent of "could not find file." Would not expect some built-in "size check" per se. If so, would hope for some more explicit error message.....

stevietrixx

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Thanks ralston, i ran the scipt with my email instead of name it was the same "could not find file"....a for "scout", i tried that already...i emailed microsoft support and they said that they have seen something simialr, i gave them my account and all...i am the only one who cant change this pic in outlook information....thanks again guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.