MSI B150 Mortar onboard sound vs Asus Xonar DSX soundcard

Jarfas

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
Recently, I won an ASTRO A40 xbox one version. I already bought an extension cord and a splitter for audio and the mic. All of it works fine, but my problem is I can't hear any sound quality improvement compered to my Logitech H390, wich is odd, compered to their prices.

The Asus Xonar DSX sound card is the one I could afford right know, but I'm not sure if it would improve anythig or just a waste of money. 60$ in my country btw.

Or is there a better sound card for around the same price?

Jarfas

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jarfas : "MSI B150 Mortar on-board sound vs Asus Xonar DSX sound card"

Recently I won an Astro A40 and I thought the sound quality will be totally different compered to my Logitech H390, but it's almost the same.

It's even worse, beacue I hear buzzing nosie with the Astro A40,but no buzzing with the Logitech H390.

I use an extension cord and an adapter to make the combo jack into 2 seperate jack one for mic and one for audio.(ASTRO A40)
The Logitech H390 connected via USB.

So I was thinking maybe It's the on-board sound of the MSI B150 Mortar Motherboard, but I'm not sure if it would change anything to buy a sound card.

Would it worth it to buy an Asus Xonar DSX soundcard for the ASTRO A40 ?

Or is there a better solution for improving the sound quality ?

Windows 10 Home edition 64bit
MSI B150 Mortar
I5-6500
Rx 480 4gb