MSI engine fan

maakooi9

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
hello, i got a MSI GL627QF,just started to do some work then when i open turbo boost fan the fan on the right side started to blow like an engine but on the left side it blows up smoothly...

Solution
I think this might be normal- I just got one of these laptops myself (a very similar model at least, here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072QT88DG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and the right fan spins much more quickly than the left fan. I am not certain, but I think that the right fan is for the CPU (in this case, a Core i5 or Core i7) and the left fan is for the GPU (in this case, a GTX 950M/MX, 1050 or 1050ti).

If you aren't gaming or doing other intensive work/using demanding software, it wouldn't be surprising if the GPU was under much less load than the CPU. For this reason, to save power, the CPU fan might spin up more quickly than the GPU fan, because it is used more in most applications.

Now, if you ARE...

RandomGuy42

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I think this might be normal- I just got one of these laptops myself (a very similar model at least, here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072QT88DG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and the right fan spins much more quickly than the left fan. I am not certain, but I think that the right fan is for the CPU (in this case, a Core i5 or Core i7) and the left fan is for the GPU (in this case, a GTX 950M/MX, 1050 or 1050ti).

If you aren't gaming or doing other intensive work/using demanding software, it wouldn't be surprising if the GPU was under much less load than the CPU. For this reason, to save power, the CPU fan might spin up more quickly than the GPU fan, because it is used more in most applications.

Now, if you ARE doing something graphically intensive while you turn on turbo boost, and the GPU fan still spins up more slowly, I can honestly say that I have no idea what might be wrong. As long as you aren't seeing any abnormal temps (I like using CoreTemp by ALCPU for my temperature stuff, but MSI software works well too) then I would say that you don't have an issue.

Hope this helps,

RandomGuy42

Solution