msi ge62 apache keyboard led problem

Puggy400

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
I've tried Steelseries engine 2&3 but both are asking to connect a compatible device to start. I have uninstall both fully and reinstalled again but are still doing the same. Any ideas? Thanks. p.s its a inbuilt keyboard.

Solution
Hi,

Did you download the Steelseries software from MSI's support site? If not you'll need to download and install that software from MSI's support page specifically for your laptop.

Here's the link where you can download and install the software.
http://www.msi.com/product/notebook/ge62-2qf-apache-pro.html#hero-overview
- Click on Service tab then select which processor you have in your laptop.
- Click on Utility tab then select what operating system you have installed in your laptop.
- You should see Steelseries SSE from the list.
- Download and install that software and it should work.
Hi,

Did you download the Steelseries software from MSI's support site? If not you'll need to download and install that software from MSI's support page specifically for your laptop.

Here's the link where you can download and install the software.
http://www.msi.com/product/notebook/ge62-2qf-apache-pro.html#hero-overview
- Click on Service tab then select which processor you have in your laptop.
- Click on Utility tab then select what operating system you have installed in your laptop.
- You should see Steelseries SSE from the list.
- Download and install that software and it should work.

Solution

Astrana

Commendable
May 26, 2016

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I am having the same issue and it's driving me mad.

Astranagantz

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi Astrana,
I had this problem as well and bothered me for long time up to the point i do the debugging myself. Mine is 2QF but i bet it is the same problem.

It has nothing to do with bios, steel series version whatsoever. The problem is during the SSE installation process, SSE failed to "point" the keyboard to the right driver. Soooooo, here we go:
Install SSE
DO NOT restart
open device manager (control panel, system, then on the left hand side there is device manager on the list)
look for keyboards.
right click on keyboard, choose properties, then under driver tab choose update driver.
Choose browse from my computer for software, then click on browse button.
look for the folder where you installed SSE (usually under program files, named Steelseries)
open all the way to driver subfolder, choose your window version and yada yada OK.
Then TADAAAA! run steelseries as admin, BAMMM!! Done.
Hope it works for you!

Astranagantz

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi zekekoop,
activate your onscreen keyboard first or have external keyboard with you, then uninstall the keyboard driver on device manager WHEN asked uninstall all software, click YES.
It will try to restart, DO NOT restart.
Turn off your internet.
Scan for new devices (right below FILES etc there is one button for it).
Now redo all the pointing thingy on the new keyboard.
Hope it works