MSI Ghost Pro 2QE "Killer" Wifi dead/dying

Ender P

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
I recently bought an MSI Ghost Pro 2QE for part-time gaming and general laptop use. I bought it used, and everything worked fine for a day or two. Then the wifi stopped working. Only the wired ethernet connection showed. The wireless card - a "killer" card - said it was no longer installed. It's hard for me to imagine how the wireless card crawled out of the computer when I wasn't looking.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from Killer's website - no luck. I uninstalled the killer software suite, reinstalled the drivers only version. No luck.

Then the next day I turned it on to keep trying, and it worked again. It worked for a week. Today the wireless card disappeared again. I can't adequately describe how frustrated I am at this point. This wireless card makes me want to live up to its name!

Any ideas?

Update: I updated graphics drivers, and on the next boot the internet was dead again.

Ender P

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
I re-reinstalled the driver again, as a qualcomm atheros instead of killer. It's working now. If it drops out again I'll do that tear down and check the connections.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
imseemlost Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 6
K Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 7
S Laptop Tech Support 4