Annunaki_1

Commendable
May 10, 2016
Hello everyone
My PC is core i7 870 with MSI MS-7616 motherboard and 8 GB RAM
There's no integrated graphic on the motherboard and even after I removed the graphic card which is radeon HD 5850, I still get 1 long beep followed by 2 shorts ones,
My questions are, is it normal to make that sound without GPU installed? There's no VGA onboard like I said, what could be the problem? I tried with one RAM and still the same, please help and if it is the motherboard what mobo should I get for the i7 820 oc is important and it shouldn't be expensive :)

Solution
1 long and 2 short means that there is a video error + BIOS cannot connect to the video card to show an error. I would suggest connecting a video card you know works (maybe borrowing a friends), and I would like to note that before you install the new video card, unplug the computer, hold down the power to burn any residual power that may be held up anywhere. If you still get the beep with a known good card, try to reflash the BIOS.

Jugeum

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
1 long and 2 short means that there is a video error + BIOS cannot connect to the video card to show an error. I would suggest connecting a video card you know works (maybe borrowing a friends), and I would like to note that before you install the new video card, unplug the computer, hold down the power to burn any residual power that may be held up anywhere. If you still get the beep with a known good card, try to reflash the BIOS.

Solution