Apr 6, 2018
So i recently just bought a MSI WorkStation Series WS63 7RK-290US Mobile Workstation Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz) 32 GB Memory 2 TB HDD 512 GB SSD NVIDIA Quadro P3000.

And i have been having unusual problem when running basic programs or even internet browsing. When i try to scroll down on a page it takes 10 to 30 sec of waiting for it to scroll down, this is really inconvenient. Also when trying to type something like into a password box or search bar it take forever to pop up. Only when i click on the window search bar does the text instantly appear in the browser which is extremely odd. I've turn off power save to see if that was causing interference but it was not. I've rooted down the problem of the scrolling to the track pad. So apparently the touch pad gestures was behind causing the problem with the scrolling issue. i still have a major problem with entering text into search bars on web browsers on my computer. what could be causing this problem.

Solution

Malware damage can be a huge pain to trace. You can run registry cleaners ("registry repair" utilities, as they're sometimes called), but they tend to only delete entries. Glary Utilities makes a good one, not sure that will help is all.

Worst case is you could run the OEM recovery or do a fresh install, but the latter will mean you'll have to download and install the drivers one by one (Windows will auto-install some, but it's a good idea to try the OEM...
Apr 6, 2018

I don't think that's the problem, but here's a screenshot of my processes currently running on start up.
Screenshot

The AVG can cause a lot of slowness. Especially recently, since Windows and AVG seem to have issue with each other lately. Other than that, while there is a lot listed, most is disabled.

Try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if it is slow there. Access will obviously be limited, but if it isn't slow, then I would try stopping AVG from auto running and see if that makes a difference.

If none of that helps, then I would be taking it back as no system should run slow if new and there are no software issues.

Apr 6, 2018

I'm seeing lots of improvement after disabling AVG at start up, but the problem seems to be more persistent when my laptop is not plugged in. Would that be because of power saving feature on windows? As soon as I unplug the laptop i start to have problems scrolling, and its useless to try using the web browser because everything slows down to an extreme.

I also tried running the computer in safe mode and it wasn't having any problems.

Apr 6, 2018

So started by opening up my browser attempting to watch Youtube, and of course it froze but audio kept playing back, oddly enough i see clear play back of the video if i click on the Cortana search bar in windows, what could be going on? The screen-shots are of task manager below when the problem started occurring. Keep in mind this happens only when the laptop is not plugged in. Once i plug in the laptop the problems slowly start to stop after a bit.

CPU

Processes

What are the odds you ended up with malware that might be causing this (despite AVG being loaded)?

Battery power hurts performance, though not to the extent you're experiencing. If you were getting this kind of behavior right out of the box, I think you should contact either MSI or the seller (MSI first). On an SSD, this system should run like a raped ape.

Per your screenshots, system resources don't look overly taxed, so I think there's an underlying software problem, possibly a hardware fault.

Apr 6, 2018

I completely doubt It would have malware since i use a sand-boxed web-browser and have anti-virus, I bought this laptop off of Amazon Refurbished, It came from amazon's own warehouse as a seller, so i assumed it would be a reputable seller. It also had to be relatively new because, it it still had the plastic protection over the web cam and the front logo when i got it. There was a few dings in the laptop when I got it, that made me kind of worried. Everything works fine except web-browsing, that is the only apparent issue, i have no issues with using CAD/HSM or Davini resolve or any graphical applications. But I'm guessing this is a hardware or software issue. Could i use a windows Toolkit to see if that could repair the issue? What would you suggest as a plan of action?

Apr 6, 2018

So now i'm wondering if the previous person who had this computer had a virus, Lets say a dll. file or registry key would be corrupted and was behind screwing up browser functionality, is there a software tool I could use to troubleshoot or explore possible broken reg Keys?

Malware damage can be a huge pain to trace. You can run registry cleaners ("registry repair" utilities, as they're sometimes called), but they tend to only delete entries. Glary Utilities makes a good one, not sure that will help is all.

Worst case is you could run the OEM recovery or do a fresh install, but the latter will mean you'll have to download and install the drivers one by one (Windows will auto-install some, but it's a good idea to try the OEM tailored ones).

FWIW: I found Chrome to give someone else trouble (particularly with video playback) while the hardware acceleration option was enabled. Disabling it solved their issues. Something to consider(?).

Solution
Apr 6, 2018
I ran Glary Utilities and it found 112 things wrong with the registry, It mostly was deleting delete entries though, I'm running mostly Opera not chrome, but i know that opera is chromium based, but i'll try running edge for a day and see if i still have problems. I turned off hardware acceleration in chrome/Opera. i will let you know if i see any improvements.

Apr 6, 2018

Well that solved most of my problems, it was the hardware acceleration. As soon as i turned that of it started working, I also had one of those duh movement where i should of realized that the the different browsers that i was trying were running chromium based software, that is why the problem was similar across all my browsers. What actually causes for this problem to happen? i am noticing opera is running a bit slower with without hardware acceleration, is there really a performance boost even with it on? If it really does improve performance what would i have to do to fix it?
There is a new issue though, when ever i'm browsing YouTube and want to pause the video I press the space bar and the page scrolls down, that was not a problem before and this happens on everything even including steam.

HA is implemented for good cause, it's just not always stable. I'm not sure what the issue is at the moment with it in Chrome (or anything Chrome-based). There could be an issue with the Blink engine, drivers, and/or certain hardware with current versions of things. Disabling HA more or less causes the application to use CPU resources exclusively; enabling HA does allow for better performance, as it offloads some degree of the tasks to the more capable GPU. There really isn't a whole lot you can do at the moment. If you want to try overclocking your CPU, it might help, but that could cause you other issues.

The space bar should still work to pause the video, you just have to make the video the focus. Click on it, and then the space bar should function the same (hopefully).