Muddy yellow colors

IH8FMS

Estimable
Feb 2, 2016
I've been all over looking for help on this and it appears that no one has a clue! I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my ASUS A53S/K53SV laptop. I downloaded a new NVidea video driver. It's been okay except for the video color settings. Every time it reboots I have to fart around with the colors because everything comes out with a nasty yellowish-brown tinge, a little like sepia but more like plain dirty. All the things that are normally gray are a yellowish tan. People look like they have jaundice.

I get sick of having to change the color calibration every time I start or reboot but I really hate that yellow tone. My husband says that everything looked like that before he had his cataracts removed. Yellow and rather dirty.

I should tell you that it was like this with Win 7 before I upgraded, as well. It started about 3 years ago and I have never been able to find anything that might help! Unfortunately, upgrading the OS- and then the video driver (from nVidia)as well- didn't help the situation in the slightest.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

First do try connecting an external monitor and see if the display will be normal or will have the same yellowish color. If it does display normal that could only mean that it has something to do with the built in display. But if the display is still display it may have something to do with the graphics card. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Check Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.