MW3 Deemed Ultra-Violent Based on London Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Whine whine whine whine whine. If you don't want to see that "horrifying" shit than don't buy and play the game. To not allow thousands the fun of the game simply because a few families are pissy is wrong. Let them sulk in their own corner, let the other thousands do what they wish.

j3ff86

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
You needn't take it any further, sir. You've proved to me that all this ultraviolence and killing is wrong, wrong, and terribly wrong. I've learned me lesson, sir. I've seen now what I've never seen before. I'm cured! Praise god!

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
You would've thought that the families of victims would want to buy the game and shoot some terrorists. We have also exhausted whatever impact of violence in media that nothing can really be called "ultra-violent" by modern standards. The movie Saw might've made Jesus faint, but now it's what I use to lull babies to sleep.

RogueKitsune

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
All issues i have with the COD franchise aside. These people are morons, and just want attention. If you don't like it then don't play it. Yes it is really that simple. Let the majority decide wither or not the games offends them before you start trying to wave a ban hammer around. Then again the majority is usually a bunch of morons that jump on any bandwagon they see :\

mr_koombs

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Games are games thats it!!! It doesn't help that the Daily Mail is a populist politics paper than chases one story to another try to stir up crap rather than finding a real story!! It's just another case of a knee jerk reaction.

stalker7d7

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
hyper-real? Really? The graphics we've seen so far are crap. The previous games have inhuman regeneration abilities. You respawn when you die. 12 year olds teabag others corpses. That's hyper-real alright...

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Oh, yeah? When it was shooting Russians in the airport it was OK?
:D

Funny people! Although I think this type of violence in games is just tasteless and pointless.

But banning the game... that doesn't solve any problems at all. That would be even worse than making it.

Why don't they make such scene in the USA? :D Oh, yeah crap the freedom of speech and the right to free expression.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dimamu15[/nom]You are wrong. At this stage this is pure propaganda (maybe not intentional), not just a fictional game. I am glad MW2 was banned in Russia. I am Russian and I played that mission. It is horrifying. A guy crying on the dead bodies of his wife and children. What kind of sick fuck would come up with this? Why would you feel need to put it into the game? Provoking aggression and terrorism in first person shooter game. How is it fun, or, adds to the story? I don't understand it. It was totally pointless. If similar content will go out it must be banned. It provokes aggression. Not to me or you, for me it is just sad and scary, but for others stupid ass people. Not all of us are clearheaded.[/citation]

Dude, now if the game was set in Chechnya or the victims were Nazis it wouldn't have been so bad, would it?

While I think that it was a stupid idea to make this into a game, this doesn't provoke terrorism. It rather shows the inadequacy of the government and it's inability to solve terrorism. And that's the main reason to ban such a game, it makes to government look bad indirectly.

Even though this scene sucks I think it has some educational purposes. It actually shows that violence in any kind is bad for the ordinary people. You see, terrorism never affects the guilty, the politicians and their families and it doesn't solve any problems. It shows what you might expect to happen to you while your politicians have some more fun stealing some more gas money and stuffing their pockets full of riches.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]dimamu15[/nom]Why would you feel need to put it into the game? Provoking aggression and terrorism in first person shooter game. How is it fun, or, adds to the story? I don't understand it. It was totally pointless. If similar content will go out it must be banned. It provokes aggression.[/citation]

You can ban it in Russia. In the Civilized World it's censorship that 'provokes aggression'.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]roguekitsune[/nom]All issues i have with the COD franchise aside. These people are morons, and just want attention. If you don't like it then don't play it. Yes it is really that simple. Let the majority decide wither or not the games offends them before you start trying to wave a ban hammer around. Then again the majority is usually a bunch of morons that jump on any bandwagon they see :\[/citation]

im so glad i live where the comfort of the majority doesn't outweigh the rights of the minority.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]I can't be the only one who read the title as Ultra-violet and got really confused...[/citation]
i was hoping a new trailer came out showing off a dismemberment system...

G

It really infuriates me that the movie industry gets away with (far more) violent movies pretty much on a weekly basis, yet the games industry gets it in the neck every single time something goes onto the market with guns in.

G

I am a bit confused. How long have we been playing games where russia is an evil evil nation, and somehow they dont start atacking publishers for it. How long have we been racing in need for speed and somehow police dont complain about it. Sensitive my ass, you want sensitive? Go to africa and see 90% of the population be able to smile when their families have a life expectancy of 5 in children.
Its fiction, you dont have to buy it if you personally feel affected by it. I got my heart broken, so i dont watch romantic movies, but i dont try to ruin every movie out there.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
+1 to banning it. We don't need COD More Wank 3 never mind one that's setting out to get publicity by offending people. Yes just ignore it but it shouldn't need to. The whole series is tired and stagnant now only drawing in weak minded tards who are easily parted from their cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.