Solved! My 1 year old HP Envy 360 laptop won't boot up most of the time after a crash.

dnlkramer

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
Sometimes my computer doesn't boot completely, it powers up the lite keyboard with just a hint of power to the screen but it doesn't boot up and start. Now it happens more than half the time. These were random when they started about six months ago and happened only once in a while. A technician at a unnamed computer repair company sent me the instructions to disable some of the programs or whatever that run immediately on boot. Well I fallowed his advice and now the diagnostics wont run. And the not booting problem is worse, and the computer completely crashed a few days ago. I have already completely restored the operating system with flash drive once and lost all my data because I did not know their were so many ways to "restore" my laptop. I don't know where to start, can somebody please help me fix this mess?

Thank you
David K.

Solution
If system is in warranty, contact HP. If it 's not in warranty, need to know exactly what happens when it tries to boot, could be overheating, could be a bad hard drive, could be a motherboard or RAM issue. Seems like you were going to the wrong places to get things fixed, need to contact HP first if it's only a year old.
If system is in warranty, contact HP. If it 's not in warranty, need to know exactly what happens when it tries to boot, could be overheating, could be a bad hard drive, could be a motherboard or RAM issue. Seems like you were going to the wrong places to get things fixed, need to contact HP first if it's only a year old.

Solution