My Acer Aspire E 17 E5-722-22s8 series won't turn on

Ki11s0n3

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
It was working the night before with no problems. I turned it off over night and unplugged the power cable and in the morning it just won't turn on. It'll charge and when I press the power button the blue light comes on but nothing shows up.

It also doesn't have a removable battery so I can't take it out and try the power drain option.

Any help would be appreciated.

In regard to removing the battery, there should be a battery release latch on the bottom near the battery. Most 722 have it. If yours does not, there should then be a battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the laptop. when it is turned over it should be below the vents for the cooling fans and just a little to the left of the right speaker hole. (Vents for fan being farther away from you and on the right). If you insert say a paperclip and depress it for around 4-5 seconds it should simulate battery removal. Which obviously will not work for some things, but may help you in resolving this.

In regard to removing the battery, there should be a battery release latch on the bottom near the battery. Most 722 have it. If yours does not, there should then be a battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the laptop. when it is turned over it should be below the vents for the cooling fans and just a little to the left of the right speaker hole. (Vents for fan being farther away from you and on the right). If you insert say a paperclip and depress it for around 4-5 seconds it should simulate battery removal. Which obviously will not work for some things, but may help you in resolving this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kjlaptop Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 5